What’s happening this month
January 2022. Whistler Blog.
Whistler Winter Highlights: January 2022
A New Year, new adventures and an endless menu of Whistler winter activities waiting for you to explore and enjoy! January is Whistler's midwinter, meaning there is a whole lot more to do and play in the snow. We're confident you'll find your adventure style from ski boots to skates to snowshoes and more with our exciting itinerary below.
What's Hot & Happening This Month?
Whistler Pride and Ski Festival. Photo Credit: Jonny Bierman
- We're excited to announce the return of the Whistler Pride and Ski Festival on January 23 to 30, one of the biggest gay and lesbian ski weeks in North America. Enjoy a non-stop line-up of guided skiing, snowboarding, après, events and more - For more information on the event and tickets.
*The festival team is working with partners and consulting local authorities to program a festival that keeps the spirit of Whistler Pride alive while prioritizing the health and safety of attendees.
- Watch the pros hit the slopes in the BC Snowboard Provincial Series starting January 7 to 9, including two Slopestyle and two Big Air competitions. For more info, visit BC Snowboard.
Kokanee Valley Race Series. Photo Credit: Tourism Whistler/Justa Jeskova
- Come out and have some fun challenging your friends and family in the Kokanee Valley Race Series. Open to skiers, snowboarders and telemarkers with different gender and age divisions on January 13 and 20. No racing experience is required to join, all you need is the desire to participate, and Whistler Blackcomb will take care of the rest.
- Enjoy a night out with hilarious comedy by four international comedians on January 24 and 26 in a fantastic show, The Snowed In Comedy Tour. Location: Maury Young Arts Centre | Time: 7:30 - 10:30 PM.
Ticking Off Your Winter Adventure List
Cross-Country Skiing. Photo Credit: Tourism Whistler/Justa Jeskova
- Make the most of the snow with cross-country skiing in the stunning vistas of Whistler Olympic Park.
Explore the wilderness as you snowshoe amongst the trees at Lost Lake Park.
- Get your adventure fix with a thrill-seeking snowmobile tour deep into the Callaghan Valley.
- Catch a fish or two with an ice fishing experience on a frozen lake.
- Slide like an Olympian through 10 twists and turns at 120+ km/h speeds in a real bobsleigh or solo on a skeleton sled. Or get the whole experience when you join the Discover Program on January 23 for bobsleigh, luge and skeleton.
- Let all that stress and tension after the hectic festive season melt away in the hot pools and saunas, or shake them off in the cold plunge pools at Scandinave Spa!
Snowmobile Tours. Photo Credit: The Adventure Group
Whistler Sliding Centre. Photo Credit: Tourism Whistler/Justa Jeskova
Scandinave Whistler Spa. Photo Credit: Scandinave Spa/Chad Chomlack
Making Memories With Family Fun
- Take a self-guided light tour through the Village with your loved ones to see Whistler's festive glow. Download the new, free app Go Whistler Tours.
- Head over to the fun zone at the Whistler Olympic Plaza. Grab a toboggan, shoot down icy lanes, or strap on a pair of skates, and enjoy the twinkling lights at the ice skating rink. Top this off with a warm cup of hot chocolate and a sweet treat from the surrounding coffee shops, and you'll have yourself the perfect family outing.
- Slide down icy lanes on a rubber donut - Our friends at the bubbly™ Tube Park will have you screeching with fear and grinning from ear to ear! Open daily until 6 PM.
Whistler's Festive Lights. Photo Credit: Tourism Whistler/Mike Crane
Family Fun Zone. Photo Credit: Tourism Whistler/Justa Jeskova
Shoot Down Icy Lanes. Photo Credit: Tourism Whistler/Justa Jeskova
Find more information on our Whistler Winter activities list.
And remember, whatever you're doing, be sure to wrap up warm and pack some extra layers – it's the coldest time of the year!
Mark Your Calendars - Save The Date
What you have to look forward to for next month:
- February 4, 11, 18 - Spo7ez Winter Feast
- February 14 - Valentine's Day
- February 21 - Family Day | Book your long-weekend getaway.
- February 26 - Coast Outdoors P'ayakentsut Cross Country Ski Event.
Find more information on our events calendar.
Don't Miss Out - Book Your Stay.
Take advantage of our winter savings! Book your Whistler holiday or weekend getaway at any one of our cozy mountain-chic condos and vacation homes and SAVE up to 15% off + 25% off on your winter activities and more.
Resources for Travellers
Whistler Covid-19 update: Essential information for travellers to Whistler, including travel advisories, health and safety practices and proof of vaccination requirements.