WHAT’S HAPPENING THIS MONTH
February 2022. Whistler Blog.
Romance, Family & Fun - Whistler February Itinerary
February in Whistler is filled with love, romance, family fun and endless snow-filled adventures. Whether you're planning a romantic couples getaway to celebrate Valentine's Day or a family trip from toddlers to grandparents, we're confident that you'll create everlasting memories in Whistler with our exciting tips and itineraries below.
Stand a Chance to WIN a trip to Whistler.
Romantic Couples Getaway. Photo Credit: @Spencerandashley
We're sharing in all the love this month, and there's no better way to do this than spoiling you and your loved one to a Romantic Couples Getaway in Whistler! Stand a chance to win the perfect gift this Valentine's Day. Stay two nights in the heart of Whistler Village. Ski unmatched alpine terrain, après alongside our vibrant community, soak up the rugged west coast beauty, and experience refined dining and unique activities.
The Grand Prize includes:
- Two nights stay in one of our stunning Whistler Condos.
- Two Medicine Trail Snowshoe Tour at Canadian Wilderness Adventures.
- A delicious picnic box at Picnic Whistler.
- Two tickets to the Audain Art Museum.
- PLUS a romantic dinner for two at Stonesedge Kitchen.
To enter, visit our latest competition post and follow the rules.
The contest closes on February 13, 2022, at 11:59 AM PST.
Romantic dinner for two. Photo Credit: Stonesedge Kitchen
How to say 'I love you' this Valentine's Month.
Sweep your darling off their feet with some of the most romantic gestures in town. From lavish gifts to chocolate treats to relaxing spa days or thrill-seeking adventures, there's something for everyone!
Say I love you with the perfect gift...
- Spoil your darling sweetheart with a beautiful bouquet from Whistler's finest flower shop at Senka Florist.
- Find the most unique jewellery and diamond pieces inspired by Whistler's majestic mountain life at Keir Fine Jewellery.
- Satisfy your loved one's sweet tooth with a delicious array of treats. Enjoy yummy chocolate boxes at Rogers' Chocolates, Rocky Mountain's mouthwatering homemade fudge, and The Great Glass Elevator Candy Shop, your one-stop shop for all things candy.
- And if you're looking for something a little more fun and different this year, you may just find that perfect gift at GetTheGoods.
Beautiful Bouquets from Whistler's finest florists.
Luxurious Chocolate boxes. Photo Credit: Rogers Chocolates 1885
Say I love you with an exhilarating outdoor adventure...
- Enjoy an intimate, gourmet three-course steak dinner, paired with a twilight snowmobile tour through the beautiful Callaghan backcountry at Canadian Wilderness.
- Go on an adventure as you explore the forested trails by snowshoe and experience an authentic Canadian campfire cookout with smokies, chili, s'mores, and live entertainment.
- For the ultimate relaxation, spend the day together, soaking in soothing outdoor hydrotherapy baths, surrounded by majestic mountain scenes in a tranquil and secluded setting at Scandinave Spa.
For more tips and tricks on how to keep the romance alive, from fine dining to gifts to thrill-seeking adventures, read our blog post: Valentines Day in Whistler.
Snowshoeing through forest trails. Photo Credit: Canadian Wilderness
Scandinave Spa. Photo Credit: Laurie Ferraro
Make the most of your Family Day getaway.
Family Day long weekend is just around the corner, and we have the perfect itinerary for some good old-fashioned family fun in the great outdoors. Get out and play, connect with nature in wide-open spaces, and take in Whistler's rich cultural side with arts and heritage experiences. Here are our top suggestions on things to do with your crew.
Reconnect with outdoor adventures...
- Enjoy a family day out, Cross-Country Skiing at the Whistler Olympic Park. There is gear for rent, oodles of terrain to explore and a big day lodge perfect for cozy fireside memories.
- Shoot down icy lanes at the Whistler Blackcomb Coca-Cola Tube Park. With over 1,000 feet of sliding bliss, this fun-filled activity will have your crew screeching with fear and grinning from ear to ear.
- Zip down snowy lanes on toboggans, ice skate under the twinkling lights, or warm up by the fire pit with a toasty cup of hot chocolate. The Whistler Olympic Plaza is the ultimate hangout spot for families, with so much to do and see.
Whistler Tube Park. Photo Credit: Tourism Whistler/Justa Jeskova
Whistler Olympic Plaza. Photo Credit: Tourism Whistler/Justa Jeskova
Keep cozy with indoor activities...
- Put your crew's skills to the ultimate test as you tackle challenging puzzles and obstacles to escape your selected scenario at Escape! Whistler.
- The Youth Centre is free and open to teens on a drop-in basis. It has a mini indoor skate ramp, video games, air hockey, foosball, board games, art supplies and more.
- Get creative at the Fathom Stone Gallery. This fine stone art gallery and studio offer daily BC soapstone carving classes for the whole family to partake in and enjoy.
Family fun at Escape! Whistler. Photo Credit: Whistler Tourism
The adventures don't stop here! Visit our Explore Whistler page for a complete list of Whister's best activities and experiences. However you choose to play, we guarantee an adventure-filled getaway.
Family Day too soon? It's never too early to start planning your March Break or Easter Weekend. Visit Whistler and discover why many of our visitors return year after year and why Whistler Blackcomb is rated Best Family Ski Resort in Canada.
Peak To Peak Gondola. Photo Credit: Whistler Tourism
Don't Miss Out - Book Your Next Whistler Getaway.
Take advantage of our winter savings! Book your Whistler holiday or weekend getaway at any one of our cozy mountain-chic condos and vacation homes and SAVE up to 15% off + 25% off on your winter activities and more.
Resources for Travellers
Whistler Covid-19 update: Essential information for travellers to Whistler, including travel advisories, health and safety practices and proof of vaccination requirements.